Tuesday, November 17th, 2009
There is a wave of discussion regarding the upcoming School Board elections. Some would say the School Board is the key to creating any significant change to the gargantuan system that is Omaha Public Schools.
If you have been paying attention to the Building Bright Futures movement or read the Pew Report, you are well aware of the need for comprehensive change in how we educate and support our youth. The overall graduation rate in the Omaha Metropolitan Area is 80%, leaving 20% of students not graduating on-time, having dropped out or having pursued a GED. Neglecting the minds of our youth is unacceptable for Omaha.
Consider putting some energy towards the upcoming school board elections. Our public school boards deserve the brightest, creative system thinkers this city has to offer.